welshy72

welshy72

Cemetery Stories: Haunted Graveyards, Embalming Secrets, and the Life of a Corpse After Death
Katherine Ramsland
Progress: 63 %

Mummy Told Me Not to Tell: The true story of a troubled boy with a dark secret

Mummy Told Me Not to Tell - Cathy Glass Cathy Glass (a pseudonym) is the author of eleven works of fact and fiction. A foster carer for over twenty years, fostering more than fifty children throughout that time.

This book centre’s on one of the little girls brought to her called Alice, a sweet, well cared for four year old. She was due to come to Cathy but her mother snatched her and they were on the run for three nights, sleeping outside. Alice’s mother, Leah, is mentally ill and drug dependant. Alice had been staying with her grandparents, Leah’s parents but was being taken into care while her future was decided. Also heavily involved in the story are Cathy’s son, Adrian, daughter Paula and foster daughter Lucy. All fabulous, unselfish children.

This book really was a pleasure to read, a pick up any time kind of read, in between cooking tea or bathing the kids. In fact it took me less than 24 hours to read this book! I’ve read a lot of stories of abuse over the last few years, to the point that they started to be unshockable. It was nice to have a different take on a child in care. While Cathy as a foster mother is obviously an official role, you wouldn’t get a story like this from other ‘officials’ eg: social workers.

It’s a book full of emotion, happiness, sadness and just plain joy. I think that Cathy has understandably captured all feeling into this book. She’s a remarkable woman, being able to express huge amounts of love to Alice but being balanced and honest about her future.

I will definately be looking at more works by this author.