welshy72

welshy72

Cemetery Stories: Haunted Graveyards, Embalming Secrets, and the Life of a Corpse After Death
Katherine Ramsland
Progress: 63 %

Blindsighted

Blindsighted  - Karin Slaughter Sara Linton, paediatrician and medical examiner finds a body while having lunch with her sister in the local diner. The victim, Sibyl Adams, is found with 2 deep knife wounds over her stomach that form a cross. She was also raped. What makes it worse is that Sibyl was blind.

Police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, Lintons ex husband is in charge of solving the murder. When another body is found, they realise that they are dealing with a violent serial killer.

This is my second time reading this, having first read the Grant County series in 2006/7. I love this book, the story is gripping and fast paced, I quickly got sucked in. Slaughter really is the Queen of Thrillers and has certainly done her homework in all matters in this book. Having a medical examiner in the story makes for some gruesome reading about autopsy.

The characters are believable and well drawn. The relationship between Linton and Tolliver is raw, even though they are divorced because he cheated on her, the feelings haven’t disappeared between them.

Also heavily involved in the story is Police Detective Lena Adams, identical twin sister of murdered Sibyl Adams. I was unsure of this character, she’s a woman with a huge chip on her shoulder and not very likeable. A bit like marmite, you either love her or hate her.

All in all a brilliant book, I highly recommend it. I can’t wait for the next in the series, Kisscut.